"When I begin to doubt my ability to work the word, I simply read another writer and know I have nothing to worry about. My contest is only with myself, to do it right, with power, and force, and delight, and gamble." 
— Charles Bukowski

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A quick one

I'll have a proper blog update soon, probably tomorrow or so. Until then, here's a short poem.



When you are alone
the trees are alone
and the stars are alone
and the walls are alone
and the food is alone
and your clothes are alone
and everyone you know
is in love.

And when you are in love
the trees are in love
and the stars are in love
and the walls are in love
and the food is in love
and your clothes are in love
and everything else around you
fades away, dissolving into space
like the sugar in your coffee.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I really, really, REALLY like this one, I think because I relate to it so much. It's true -- whatever emotion you're feeling seems to color the world around you.

Unless, of course, you are lonely and everyone else seems to have someone. But that's another thought entirely.

Unknown said...

I don't know...when I'm alone even my clothes seem to have more of a social life than I do.

Jesse Godbey said...

wow man, this is a good one, especially the last lines.